Thursday, April 3, 2014

Access to Music


This January we went to the Access to Music event.  It's a special event that the Utah Symphony puts on for families with members who have special needs.  Before it started it was apparent that all the families there were fighting similar battles.  It was loud and chaotic.  Right as the conductor walked out on the stage a young lady shouted something about macaroni and cheese.  Then another when the music started yelled, "I hate this music!"  That was about all I noticed though.  My kids were enjoying every minute of it.  My favorite part was during the William Tell Overture.  The kids just started clapping along to the beat.  There wasn't anything to be done, the conductor just kept going and laughed the whole time.  When he was done, he turned around with a big smile on his face and had the orchestra stand up to acknowledge them.  When it was all done, my neuro-typical kids asked if we could go again next year.  I think it was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment